Last night after the third time Jada called me to her room about some silly story about {noisies} in her ear...I stomped down the hall- dodged a ball- and caught my toe on the molding. I fell down, screamed, cried, and HURT! My pinky toe and my other toe were a good inch apart...Drew casually walks over to see what I am blubbering about and sneakily grabs my toe and pulls to reset it....it popped loud!! HOLY SHMOLY! I thought I was gonna die....{I would deliver a baby anyday over this pain!} This picture is
AFTER Drew snapped it back into somewhat of a place....(above) which still comes no where to touching my other toe like it used to. I made him wrap it so that I could try and sleep and the covers wouldn't hurt it too bad.
Well- I woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. He wrapped it super tight, it started to swell making it even tighter-- I hurried and unwrapped it before it lost all blood flow- and tried to fall back asleep.
THIS MORNING- it already started to turn black and blue. Its swollen- and hurts more on my foot than my toe. Its cleaning day-- so after 3 hours of rigorous cleaning-- IT NOW LOOKS EVEN WORSE-- black and blue to the middle of my foot (I'll spare you a pic). NOT what I had planned to deal with right now...(it better not hinder my vacation in 3 WEEKS!!). I will see what it looks like tomorrow- but my now nurse of a hubby sees no need to go to the doctor. The break is probably in a place they can't cast...yeah for me!
THIS MORNING- it already started to turn black and blue. Its swollen- and hurts more on my foot than my toe. Its cleaning day-- so after 3 hours of rigorous cleaning-- IT NOW LOOKS EVEN WORSE-- black and blue to the middle of my foot (I'll spare you a pic). NOT what I had planned to deal with right now...(it better not hinder my vacation in 3 WEEKS!!). I will see what it looks like tomorrow- but my now nurse of a hubby sees no need to go to the doctor. The break is probably in a place they can't cast...yeah for me!
5 comments:
ouchie indeed. I did this just last week at the very start of Masons one year old birthday party, so I had to limp around the whole party. I caught mine on the door molding walking out of his room as the first guest was arriving. I Feel your pain! I wrapped mine with medical tape. taping it to the next toe so it wouldnt move so much when I tried to walk. Lots of ibuprofen and hardly any symphathy from Bobby, (he had been dealing with a bad back for a week or so) and now it is better unless I step down wrong. Good luck. Hope it gets better soon. P.S. your kids are so darling!!
I was in excruciating pain as well the first night, and the pain was pretty much gone the fourth day. Hope it heals fast. Jealous about your cruise... Have fun though!!
Ouch Cassie! I am so sorry. Hey, atleast you have a nurse around to help. Craig would have probably done more damage. Let me know if I can do anything. I'll come clean your house.
Ouch!!! I hate foot injuries. I should post a picture of my nasty toenail from the hike with Richard. It is slowly falling off and boy does it hurt!! I have purple polish on the other nails but didn't paint that one to watch for infection and it is the same color:( I feel your pain!
So sorry! Did you hold out for breakfast in bed?
Post a Comment