Ranan feeding the {rein} deer.
(Ranan snuck a few oats as a snack himself...yuck!)
Feeding the Ostrich. YIKES!!! (they'll take your fingers right off!)
Petting the donkey's.
Feeding the donkey's!
Not so sure about this mom...
Daddy and Ranan-- he's warming up.
WE HAD A BLAST!! On our way to Tucson last weekend, we decided to stop in Picacho Peak and visit the Ostrich farm. We had wanted to to this forever and decided to make it happen. It was sooo worth it. It was just $5 a person. Kids were free. You get a big cups of oats and nectar for the birds per person. We started off feeding the deer. They were so cute and sooo GENTLE. They were definitely the kids' favorites. They wouldn't even come close to biting you. We fed the Ostrich's next. Well, kinda. They were MEAN! So you put food in their little feeder and stand back before they eat your hair! The donkey's were fun. They could get your finger if you weren't careful- needless to say- Ranan wasn't aloud to feed them. Last, but not least, was the Lorikeets. So fun! They just LOVE the nectar that you have and FLOCK, literally. I think I had about 7 birds on me at one time! Ranan wasn't so sure about them at first (above picture), but soon warmed up to them and started chasing them. Jada didn't have a nervous bone in her body with any of the animals...SHE LOVED IT! and of course Drew was in heaven watching his familes smiling faces! I would STRONGLY SUGGEST stoping in and feeding the animals next time you are on your way to Tucson. ITS SOOO WORTH IT!!!
3 comments:
How fun! I wish we could have gone.
Wow, how fun. I have never heard of the place. What a cool family trip.
Sounds like fun! That is awesome. I am surprised the bird didnt go to the bathroom on one of you guys! Maybe when we have kids we will be invited to stuff like this :) I am just kidding, its good that you guys got out and did something fun, it looks like a blast!
You cant hold Ranan in pictures anymore, he is bigger than you are!
Post a Comment