I needed the friendly reminder {thanks Bekah} that kids need to be kids, and kids learn best by hands-on. It's OKAY for kids to get messy. For me this is hard, I really get anxious over messes. I decided that it is important for them to know that it is okay to make a mess sometimes, so a controlled mess is right up my alley! I made flubber---even I got giddy over this stuff! AWESOME stuff! It seriously kept my kids busy for about 6 hours one day-- that is not an exaggeration! Ness' kids LOVED it too when she was having her baby. I watched Toph one morning and we decided to make a {mess}. We played with water, rice, dinosaurs- then got creative with our additions. Thanks Bek for giving me the shove and reminder I needed- my kids are LOVING this new "craft" time!
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Time to get Messy!
I needed the friendly reminder {thanks Bekah} that kids need to be kids, and kids learn best by hands-on. It's OKAY for kids to get messy. For me this is hard, I really get anxious over messes. I decided that it is important for them to know that it is okay to make a mess sometimes, so a controlled mess is right up my alley! I made flubber---even I got giddy over this stuff! AWESOME stuff! It seriously kept my kids busy for about 6 hours one day-- that is not an exaggeration! Ness' kids LOVED it too when she was having her baby. I watched Toph one morning and we decided to make a {mess}. We played with water, rice, dinosaurs- then got creative with our additions. Thanks Bek for giving me the shove and reminder I needed- my kids are LOVING this new "craft" time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment