Wow what a week!! On Wednesday night the kids and I went to Kam and Sarah's to swim. Drew was at school as usual..We got home about the same time and both noticed that our water heater was leaking!!! Well that doesn't call for anything good. So after much thought of what to do- Drew and I tore out the water heater Thursday morn, ripped out the entire drywall box it was on to repair it, I left to Snowflake with Kam and Sarah with the kids so we wouldn't be without water, and Drew took a quick nap and went to work.
Friday Drew got home from work- went out to buy all the stuff to build an entire new box while I enjoyed my hot shower in Snowflake!! He ended up driving up to Snowflake that afternoon with Alecc while everything dried and tried to have a good 24th celebration weekend. We stayed there with all the family minus Lyss (missed you!!!). We watched the parade, the fireworks, and a million kids and babies! We had to leave earlier Sunday than we planned to pick up a new water heater in Globe (which didn't happen b/c they lied about the price).
Monday- I went to work while my hard working hubby finished the box and bought a new water heater to install...9:00 tomorrow night we FINALLY had hot water again!! Man its hard to RUFF IT!!
4 comments:
Awww...fun times!
Good times...thanks for helping mom watch my kids while I was at my reunion.
What a bummer about the hot water heater. I am sure it's not what Drew wanted to take care of in the summer. It sounds like u made a fun time out of it though...
I can't believe we missed you guys. From the looks of your parade pic's, you guys must have been almost directly across the street from us...bummer!
Post a Comment