Friday, December 19, 2008

1st food allergy?


So its a little hard to see...but Ranan broke out yesterday at lunch and was itching his face like crazy...now the question is....what was it?
Could it have been the peanut butter and honey sandwich that Jada gave him a bite of? (oh come one...I know he isn't supposed to have either one of those things...but she is a quick one)
Or possibly the bite of salad I gave him that had Ranch Dressing all over it? (again..I KNOW!)
Just glad it wasn't anaplyaxis! Possibly too many horrible things to feed a baby in one lunch..I need to repent...
Being the good health care givers that we are we immediately gave him Benedryl to help with the reaction....waited a half hour to make sure he was okay...then laid them down for naps while Lyssa and I went running 3 miles....(thank you, thank you) I was quite proud of myself...my ankle on the other hand...HATES ME because of it. (Once again, thank you Dad and Nessa, I have always wanted to suffer from a LAMED ankle my whole life, just kidding).




We got home, showered, and came out of the room to see this...Drew playing X-Box (shocker) and Ranan asleep (after his nap) again, on the floor....Now, this is UTTERLY SHOCKING because if anyone knows my children...this DOESN'T happen! Neither of them can settle down for long enough to fall asleep on the floor!! Needless to say, the benedryl worked......(note to self-- long trip to Buffalo coming up!!)


3 comments:

Jared said...

Have you guys heard about school??

The Self's said...

Could've been the peanut butter. My oldest had almost the exact same reaction the first time she had it, but she never had a reaction again...go figure.

I wish my kids had the same reaction to benedryl. All it does is make them cranky. You're so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Food allergies are so scary! I hope it doesn't get worse (or happen again for that matter)! My 2nd son has tons of food allergies. His first one was to eggs (but we didn't know it at the time). He only got hives covering his entire body for his first reaction. The reactions got progressively worse with each exposure (he is now anaphylactic to a handful of foods-epipens are our best friends and constant companions!). Finally we went to an allergist and found out what what causing the hives/allergic reactions. Good luck, and hopefully it was just a one-time fluke!