Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snowflake trip

Ranan chasing Jada around the kitchen table
Jada helping Grandma clean the kitchen floor

Grandma...relaxing!


Jada "decorating" papa's face!



The final product




The two kiddos enjoying a nice cold popsicle!
We had such a good time in Snowflake. Drew flew out to Buffalo on Wednesday morning, so after Ranan's doctor's appointment on Thursday...the kids and I headed up to Snowflake for the rest of the week. The did very well on the trip up there and the trip back...that was the part I was worried about the most. We fed horses, went on walks, went to Showlow, with Papa to the papermill, ate TONS of popsicles and had the SCARE of OUR LIVES!!! Explain you ask...I shall.
Mom and I were downstairs enjoying a nice hallmark movie SWEATING our brains out b/c Dad make a scorching fire earlier in the day to warm up Jada's frozen hands....anyway...we decided to have some popsicles to cool ourselves down. The kids were LOVING them! Ranan especially! You see Ranan was especially grouchy that day b/c his shots finally kicked in. (The doctor said it would hit him about two days later). Well--- we finished them, and he wanted to run around with the popsicles sticks...a no no in my book. So I took them away and headed out of the room to the trash...He let out a massage scream/cry (I paid no mind seeing he had been grouchy all day!!) Well-- as I was walking back from the trash I realized that he never finished the cry after he held his breath awhile. I got to him to find him starting to turn purple. I picked him up, blew in his face, smacked his back, NOTHING! He wasn't breathing! He then PASSED OUT! I held my little baby, LIFELESS in my arms, his eyes wide open- but glossed over- no response. A bluish/purple color I have never seen came over his little body..I did really well for a while (about 15 secs) then realized he wasn't coming to! I ran upstairs while my mom starts screaming for my dad to come. I ran outside thinking the cold air would wake him...NOTHING! Mom starts dialing 9-1-1....What seems like hours later....he snuck in a tiny breath...but still lifeless with no response. Another breath...this time more life coming back into him. Mom hangs up the phone. He FINALLY come to, but very quiet. The police station calls the house back to make sure everything is okay when we explain. They said that an officer would be by shortly to make sure everything was okay....NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD I WISH THAT MOMENT UPON ANYONE!!! I am sooo glad my baby boy is okay, I am so thankful for the two beautiful children I have and could never imagine my life without them.






6 comments:

Joele and Matt said...

SCARY!!! I am glad he is okay now.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

That story about Ranan nearly made me cry. Did you ever figure out what made that happen?

Rubalcavas said...

Yikes...that's scary! I remember you doing that when you were little...I wish I could have been there with you.

Rees Family said...

Oh my gosh Cassie!!!! That entire story gave me chills and pretty much made me want to throw up. Ii'm so glad that he is o.k. I totally understand what it feels like to have your baby stop breathing. It is the most panicky feeling and you feel so helpless. Did he choke on something, or did he just get really mad about the popsicle stick, hold his breath, and pass out. Yikes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! What a scary few minutes that must have been! I hope everything is better now...

Bekah: said...

Wow! Cassie, I am so happy to hear that everything turned out well. Was he just so mad about the popsicle sticks that he held his breath?