6 lbs 5.6 oz
19.5 inches
13.25 inch head
12.75 chest
5:01 pm on Thursday 1/28/2010
Getting shots!
At about 3:00 I called Sarah and asked if I needed her to come quicker than Drew's parents. She agreed but I still held off for about 30 mintues. She came over at 3:30 and we headed out b/c they were getting closer and closer. Scottsdale Osborn is a good 25 minutes away as well.
We pulled up to the hospital just after 4:00 and went into registration. We were there for about 20 minutes and the contractions were about 3 mintues apart by this point. We went into triage and got hooked up, did more computer questions (the nurse took FOREVER). I kept joking/seriously asking..."is anesthesia on their way?" She would laugh and keep going. Now my body takes a while to dilate and efface (I know this from my other two kiddos)- but once I get to a 6- I have the baby usually within 45 minutes. I was 1 cm dilated at my last appt...(big whoop)-- thats why I knew I had a ways to go when I was at home. I made this comment to her as she noticed that I started to shake. She stopped what she was doing and decided to "check" me. I turned to Drew and said-- they aren't stopping- there is no break inbetween these contractions. She checked- and "loudly" to be heard over the curtain to the nurses station said..."We have a bulging bag of water and complete in here. We are having a baby." She quickly started to move and I asked, "does this mean I don't get an epidural?" She said we would have a baby in a few minutes and there was no way. I then turned to Drew and said.."I'm scared to do it natural." They RAN me down the hall all the while I was telling them that she was coming out- I was pushing and nothing I could do about it. Dr. Carter was at Shea hospital so they grabbed a doctor from the practice she RAN to the hospital and immediately broke my water (which was the ONLY thing keeping her in). I gave a half push and her head came out- then a even lighter push and her body came out at 5:01pm. She was sooo tiny- I turned to Drew to make sure she was okay (secretly feeling guilty she wasn't fatter), but probably a blessing b/c I had her natural.
She is so tiny, with dark dark thick brown hair, dark blue eyes...and a pretty good mix between my other two kids. There are times I see Ranan, then other times I see Jada in her. She cried alot more just after birth than my other two did- but probably b/c she wasn't drugged. She is a bit more of a crier in general than the other two though-- not bad at all though. She eats wonderful-- I am a human cow/pacifier- but not complaining.
We left the hospital exactly 24 hours after she was born (we don't ever like to stay long), and enjoyed a pretty good nights rest in our own beds last night. She went down at 10, slept till 1:30, then till 4:30, then till 8:00. She didn't cry once and went right back to sleep after she was done eating.
It still amazes me that a beautiful little life is created, matured, and born from a mother...definately the closest I have ever felt to my Savior. They are true little miracles. We LOVE you Baby Taya!!
(Since this was all SOOO quick-- we didn't get any video or pictures of the birth itself-- so everything is about 10 minutes after she was born so Drew could run to the car and grab cameras). On a side note-- we are VERY grateful we had Sarah come over when she did instead of waiting for Drew's parents. We HAD her as they were pulling up in our driveway. I joked with Drew as we were getting in the van to leave..."should I grab towels just in case?" Little did I know...we were only minutes away from having her in the car!
11 comments:
Good job cass, I still cannot believe you were that calm in full labor. Seriously you did awesome! She is adorable, perfect as ever. I cannot believe how fast they grow, she is so tiny and will be so big in a few short months. What a beautiful addition to your new family.
Congrats. Taya is soo cute! I am excited to see her. I can not believe you were in active labor when we were walking, that was crazy!! I am glad that even though it went fast, there was no complications and you were fine.
I would have to say, now is when it gets real. I hopw feeding will go smoothly and she does not keep you up too late each night. Also, if the kids get out of control- send then this way. They are always welcomed for a couple hour playdate.
Wow! All natural...at least it was quick. Great Job! She is such a cutie. And I Love the name. Congrats!!
She is so cute and I love her little cry. I wish I could hold her.
Congratulations! I'm glad she is here safe and sound....and quickly is always nice....so they tell me :)
Wow I can't believe what an entrance she made. Can't wait to meet the little cutie!
what an amazing story! Glad you made it to the hospital in time. She is beautiful! Congratulations!
You post just made me really nervous:) I am always at a five for about two weeks with each kid. I have already been contracting with this baby. At least if I have to do natural again, I hope she comes as fast as your little Taya.
I am the same way as you and didnt go in til late into it with Mason because i didnt want to be turned away lol. Stubborn women. She is so cute. Glad so far that she is letting you get some rest. Enjoy her!!
Congrats!!! She's beautiful!
I am so proud of you Mama! Way to go and she is beautiful... all that black hair reminds me of when I had Savannah! Congrats! We are so excited for you!
Seriously adorable!!!! I CANNOT believe you went natural. You are officially my hero. Perfect timing so now you can come to Bunco on Saturday. Kidding kidding. Ha ha. Can't wait to see her. How was the food at the hospital? Delish. I miss it. Congrats Cassie.
Post a Comment