Monday, November 24, 2008

Alphabet Soup

Jada started a new class with Mesa Parks and Rec.
ALPHABET SOUP
She LOVES it! It is like a pre-school setting. They learn letters of the alphabet and practice tracing them, read stores, play number bingo, etc. I HAVE TO BRAG on my little on...b/c I am her Mom and can....
The class is for 3 and 4 year olds. After the first class the teacher stopped me after class and said.
Teacher: "Do you realize that Jada KNOWS all of the letters?"
Me: "Um, Yes I replied- she does quite well."
Teacher: "We usually don't introduce the sounds the letters make, but I decided to teach them b/c she already knows what I was going to teach."
Me: "Thank you, we'll practice the sounds at home with her."
I was GLOWING! Its always nice when someone brags on your kids! I was just shocked that she was the ONLY one in her class of 4 year olds that KNEW all the letters. She has really taken to the "sounds" and has A, B, C, D, J, O, S, T, M, and L down...its so FUN to see their minds soaking up all the info you try and teach them. She has gotten REALLY good at WRITING her NAME as well...THEY GROW WAY TO FAST!!

3 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

That is awesome.

A really great book to help kids learn to read is

Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons.

All of my siblings have used this with their kids and all of my nieces and nephews could read books on their own before going to school.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh, and when I say books, I mean Harry Potter. Two of my nieces had read the entire HP series before they were done with first grade! I hope the book works for you guys. =)

Rubalcavas said...

Good job Jada! She'll be ready for kindergarten!