Monday, May 10, 2010

Jada and Ranan

So Jada and Ranan share a room now seeing we have 3 kids and live in a 3 bedroom house. Taya flew the coup and is in her crib now, which bumps Ranan to Jada's room. One night when Drew wasn't home I put the kids to bed at usual time (8:30). Difference between AZ and NY..its still daylight bright outside at 8:30. It took a few nights of convincing Jada that it was bedtime still. Anyway- I put them in bed, came downstairs, and Taya was ready to eat. I start feeding her and hear little footsteps running around the room upstairs. (We live in a really really old house with VERY creaky floors). Soon enough- Jada comes down to tell on Ranan.."he's keeping me awake" is the famous line. I get real stern and say "If I have to get off this couch you are both getting spanks." They run back upstairs and I don't hear anything- I thought...wow..I'm good! Until I looked in on them before bed....dang Ranan...if he wasn't so cute I would throw him in the trash sometimes! Jada knew better than to come out of her room again- so she puts up with Ranan crashing her bed. How cute is that? It will take time- but they are getting better at sleeping in the same room and actually falling asleep at a decent hour.

5 comments:

Aaron and Amber said...

This is my fear about putting Sara and Emma together. Thank goodness I still have time.

They both look so cute there sharing that bed! I can not wait to hear about more of your adventures there in NY!

Rees Family said...

More pics of the house please!!!! Love the updates from your drive. What a great trip!!!! We miss you tons. Keep us updated.

Meg and Jeremy said...

How cute! Looks like you had tons of fun on your trip out there. Glad you made it safe. You have the cutest little kiddos!

Dawn Hancock said...

Wow, that is so cute. I am not looking forward to changing the girls and putting them in the same room. Laini still sleeps in her crib, but she is not potty trained so she can't get out in the morning if she has to go...so I have thought about putting the girls in the same room. Would I be crazy to give up the crib and change? You are doing such a great job. Keep it up!

K Bailey said...

Hi Cassie! I found your blog from Vanessa's......we have the same problem in Oklahoma with it still really bright in the evenings because of Daylight Savings. We went to Lowes/Home Depot and bought these blackout things that you can install in front of your blinds and pull them down (they're on a roller). It really helps-at night and in the morning!