Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Sacred Grove

The view from the Smith home
Jada in the Sacred Grove

Jada and Ranan in the grove


Drew and Taya in the grove



Our little family in the Sacred Grove.
WOW!! Its true! Even with 3 crazy/tired kiddos...the spirit was so strong and so amazing! What a neat experience! Before we entered the grove everyone was whining, crying, running around, frankly...we had all had it and wanted to leave. We started our warm hike into the grove in hopes of having a good experience given the circumstances of tourism with small kids.
As soon as we entered the grove- silence. It was so peaceful, so quiet, and so reverent. The kids were hushed, happy, and an amazing spirit came upon us...it was so strong. I LOVED how peaceful it was. We kept walking so we didn't break the silence. Toward the end, we stopped to get a few pictures- and they got all riled up again..so crazy! It was so neat for me to take probably one of the first opportunities I have had to explain that special feeling to Jada of the spirit. How lucky we are!

1 comment:

Aaron and Amber said...

What an awesome experience- man you are so lucky!! I am sure they felt the Spirit there since they calmed down quickly. It is amazing how the Spirit works!

Right now I wished my kids woud just calm down and not be so wining!

Can't wait to see more things about your adventures, keep them coming.

PS- I need your actual address- Emma wants to send Jada a note she colored and it has been sitting on our fridge to remind me to get your address to send it. Just email it to me, please :)